The 28th Annual “Light Up Kaslo” Event — Saturday, December 6
Following Nelson’s Elf Walk and Santa on Baker Street November 29th, Kaslo ushers in the Holiday season December 6th for the 28th annual Light Up Kaslo event.
This year’s schedule of events makes the entire day into the evening a party and a chance to really experience a traditional Christmas village. Snow covered streetlights and a bustling downtown filled with happy Christmas Cheer. A Christmas Faire, Bon Fire, Scavenger Hunt and Music plus much more combine to create a warm and hospitable atmosphere.
- A Christmas Craft Faire: At the Kaslo Legion from 10:00 – 4:00 with homemade crafts and goodies.
- Scavenger Hunt: At participating stores from 1:00 – 5:00
- Christmas Parade: Meet at the SS Moyie at 5:45. Parade begins at 6:00
- Santa’s Workshop: Santa will be at the Kaslo Hotel following the parade. Goodies for the children!
- Bonfire: Begins at 4:00 at 5th and Front Streets.
- Music: There will be live music at various locations including buskers along Front Street.
- Restaurants & Shops: Everyone is open late and there will be street vendors as well with warm drinks and yummy treats.
- Food Bank Donations: Make sure to look for the donation boxes and contribute to the food bank.
- Hot Chocolate and Hot Dogs: A Kaslo Minor Hockey fundraiser in front of the Front Street Market.
The entire day is full with ways to celebrate the warmth of a traditional winter holiday celebration in Kaslo. The charming village breaks out all the best it has to offer, including a parade and bonfire, and helps you get in the holiday spirit.
Past events have included roasted chestnuts carol singing, hot apple cider and so much more. It is truly a wonderful way to remind yourself of what is important at this time of year. So gather a few friends and try to get to Kaslo on December 6th, and spend the night to wake up to more wintery charm. You can take part in the parade by simply showing up at 5:45 at the SS Moyie and join in!
Kaslo is a Winter Wonderland
The Christmas Winter cheer doesn’t stop on December 6th in Kaslo. The festivities continue for the entire month leading up to Christmas, with 2 more Christmas Faires on December 13 and 20 at the Kaslo Hotel.
On December 20, another Kaslo tradition takes place: Winter Solstice, celebrated right downtown on and around the Trailblazers Bridge. From 4:00 to 6:00, while adults chit chat and kids play in the moonlight, Kaslo welcomes the longest night of the year. Tea lights glow, Christmas lights sparkle and the full moon lights the sky. Hot chocolate keeps everyone warm as the entire community along with friends and visitors gathers together under the moonlight.
Stay for the day or the weekend. Kaslo is a winter wonderland and a magical getaway for all ages.